Almond Poppy Seed Bread


I (Kara) am pregnant, yay! Normally I crave anything chocolate.  For some reason with this pregnancy chocolate has not been a temptation (I hope that lasts after the pregnancy, ok not really!) The past couple of weeks I have been wanting the Costco almond poppy seed muffins. My mom used to buy these when we were kids, I remember them being so huge I could not eat the whole thing in one setting, I am sure that would not be a problem now, ha!  I looked on the internet and came across this recipe, I thought it might fit the bill and it did not disappoint! This bread is so yummy, my son "snuck" 4 pieces the morning I made it! 

(The glaze is really really good, but I have made it without the glaze too and it is still fantastic! So if you don't have the glaze ingredients you can just eat the bread plain and it will still taste awesome!)

Almond Poppy Seed Bread

3 c. flour
2 1/3 c. sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 ½ c. milk
1 1/8 c. vegetable oil
1 Tb poppy seeds
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp almond extract


Glaze:
1/2 tsp almond extract
¾ c. powdered sugar
¼ cup orange juice
½ tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 9×5 loaf pans. Mix all bread ingredients together then beat for 2 minutes. Pour into pans and bake for 45-60 minutes. Begin checking at 45 minutes.
Mix glaze ingredients in small bowl and pour over hot bread in pans, making sure to cover the entire tops with glaze. Let cool before removing from pans. (Bread freezes well; wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.)



Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from http://www.thesisterscafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS