The BEST Coffee Cake


This seriously is the best coffee cake I (Kara) have ever eaten! My friend Mandy gave it to me when we were living in Michigan. I have made it several times over the past 4 years and always get raving reviews! Everyone always asks for the recipe, so here it is. Enjoy! 

P.S. The coffee cake pictured has a powdered sugar glaze. I prefer it without the glaze but my husband likes it with. I have never really measured when doing this, but I would guess a TBSP softened butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 TBSP milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla. 


The BEST Coffee Cake
 
Filling/Topping:
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
8 tsps. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (softened)
 
Cake part:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup soft shortening
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk 
3 cups flour
4 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
 
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan and set a side. Cream together sugar, shortening, and eggs. Add milk, flour baking powder and salt until well combined. For the filling/topping mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Layer the topping and cake part twice starting with the cake at the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS